Congratulations! You’ve been invited to join a StreamYard broadcast as a guest. Follow this guide and you’ll be setting yourself up to win.
Before the broadcast
Make sure you have the following:
- A laptop or desktop with a webcam and mic.
- A recent version of Chrome or Firefox.
- A strong internet connection. Just like Skype, you must have a strong internet connection for it to work well. If possible, connect to your router with an ethernet cable instead of using WiFi.
- We recommend wearing earbuds or headphones to prevent audio echoes.
If you don’t have a laptop or desktop, then you can join on your phone. But the experience is usually best on a laptop/desktop. On Android, we recommend the Chrome browser. On iOS, you must use Safari.
If you’re on iOS 14.2, we recommend updating your device before joining. iOS 14.2 has some issues with audio stuttering.
Joining the broadcast
When the time comes, follow these steps to enter the broadcast studio:
- The host should provide you with a link before the show. Click the link and you’ll be taken to their broadcast studio.
- Allow StreamYard to access your camera and mic.
- Make sure you have the correct camera and mic selected.
- Enter a display name. Use your actual name or the name of your brand. Then enter the studio.
The host will be informed that you’ve arrived. You won’t be part of the broadcast until the host decides to add you in. The page will update to let you know when you’ve been added. Then everyone will be able to see and hear you. This is your time to shine!
Remember, the host asked you to join because they want to hear what you have to say. Have fun!